About Us Banner


If you need information regarding external services or programs, we’ve compiled a list of resources below that might help. You can download a copy of our Service Handbook which contains a list of these resources, in addition to emergency services, our Client Charter of Rights and other helpful information. You can also access information about our organization, services, and how to obtain support here.

Community Living British Columbia
Community Living BC (CLBC), a provincial crown agency mandated under the Community Living Authority Act, delivers support and services to adults with developmental disabilities and their families in British Columbia. CLBC is working to create communities where people with developmental disabilities have more choices about how they live, work and contribute.

See our involvement with CLBC’s ‘Include Me’ initiative!

Inclusion BC (formerly known as British Columbia Association for Community Living – BCACL)
Inclusion BC is a federation that advocates for children, youth and adults with developmental disabilities and their families to ensure justice, rights and opportunities in all areas of their lives.

Meet Tina Dam, our new Community Inclusion Advocate

Tina Dam, our new Community Inclusion Advocate, is the newest addition to the Inclusion BC staff. Inclusion BC has also launched a new advocacy line to allow people to connect directly to an advocate.

You can also call the new Advocacy Line (Toll-free) at 1-844-488-4321 or email advocacy@inclusionbc.org

Advocate for Service Quality
The Advocate is a person working for Adults with Developmental Disabilities.
There is no cost to you for the Advocate’s services.

Family Support BC
The Family Support Institute is a province-wide organization whose purpose is to support and strengthen families faced with the extraordinary circumstances that come with having a family member who has a disability. 604-540-8374

Accessible Services
TransLink is committed to providing 100% accessible service. Provides fully accessible services such as: SeaBus, SkyTrain, West Coast Express, or Community Shuttle.


Disability Supports for Employment Fund (Vancouver Foundation)
The fund provides specialized accommodation, tools and services to support people with disabilities in the workplace. Employment supports includes aids for hearing, seeing, mobility or agility; adaptations to computer hardware and software; and vehicle or structural modifications. To apply, contact the Vancouver Foundation Tel: (604) 688-220

Programs for Persons with Disabilities
Programs and services for persons with disabilities offered by the Ministry of Social Development – including Disability Assistance – Supports to Employment – Bus Pass Program – Camp Fees – Community Volunteer Program – Guide Dog Allowance – Health Care and Dental Services – Vocational Rehabilitation Services.

Disability Assistance Rates
Includes current Income Assistance (welfare) rates, Disability Assistance Rates, and Child in Home of Relative (CIHR) Benefits

Health Forms
Links to electronic forms for the Medical Services Plan, the vital Statistics Agency and Early Childhood Education (“Community Care Facilities”)

Home Owner Grant Program
The program provides property tax relief to British Columbia residents who own and occupy their own homes. Persons with disabilities may be entitled to receive an additional grant through the program. More information on eligibility is available on the Home Owner Grant Program website

Respite Benefits
Families may choose the type of respite services that best suit their needs. The program does not cover respite services provided by any person who is a dependent of the family and lives in the same household, or who is a parent of the child.

Services for People with Disabilities.
If you are living with a disability in B.C., there are programs and services available you. These programs and services get funding of more than $5 billion each year. They are offered through government, crown agencies and corporations.

Parking Permits for people with disabilities
Information and application form for Parking Permits for persons with disabilities

Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network (PLAN)
PLAN is a non-profit organization, established in 1989 by and for families committed to future planning and securing a good life for their relative with a disability. 604.439.9566

Food Bank
Before you can get food from the Food Bank you have to register. You can register at the Food Bank’s main office or at one of their locations.

Food Bank locations in the Greater Vancouver Area

BC Housing
People with disabilities who can live independently and are in receipt of a recognized disability pension.

Assistance with Security Deposit

If you are going to rent and need assistance with Security Deposit:

A supplement may be provided to assist recipients of income, hardship, and disability assistance with the cost of securing rental accommodation. This supplement is available under the Employment and Assistance Regulation and Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities Regulation. For more info click here.

BC 211

Dialing 211 from any phone can connect people to a list of different services throughout B.C..  They also have an online service at www.bc211.ca

Credit Counselling Society of B.C.
No More Debt

As far as managing personal income, the Credit Counselling Society of B.C. has a pretty strong resource. When you think of tracking your expenses, what comes to mind first? Maybe you’re curious about where your money is going. Or, do you dread the thought of having to write down every penny you spend?

Future Planning Tool

Plan Institute and Prosper Canada have launched the online Future
Planning Tool to help persons with disabilities and those who support
them to plan for the future. The Future Planning Tool is intended to
promote long-term well-being for Canadians with disabilities by helping
them and their families to accomplish their future planning goals,
including financial planning, housing, relationships and more. Try the
tool out for yourself: http://futureplanningtool.ca/